- NADPH + H+ + acceptor NADP+ + reduced acceptor
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on NADH or NADPH with other acceptors. The systematic name of this enzyme class is NADPH:acceptor oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include NADPH2 diaphorase, NADPH diaphorase, OYE, diaphorase, dihydronicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate dehydrogenase, NADPH-dehydrogenase, NADPH-diaphorase, NADPH2-dehydrogenase, old yellow enzyme, reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate dehydrogenase, TPNH dehydrogenase, TPNH-diaphorase, triphosphopyridine diaphorase, triphosphopyridine nucleotide diaphorase, NADPH2 dehydrogenase, and NADPH:(acceptor) oxidoreductase. It has 2 cofactors: FAD, and FMN.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Boyer, P.D., Lardy, H. and Myrback, K. (Eds.), The Enzymes, 2nd ed., vol. 7, Academic Press, New York, 1963, p. 477-494.
- AVRON M, JAGENDORF AT (1957). "Some further investigations on chloroplast TPNH diaphorase". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 72: 17&ndash, 24. PMID 13471057.
- Jagendorf AT (1963). "Chloroplast TPNH diaphorase". Methods Enzymol. 6: 430&ndash, 434.
- Theorell H (1935). "Das gelbe Oxydationsferment". Biochem. Z. 278: 263&ndash, 290.
- Theorell H and Akesson A (1956). "Molecular weight and FMN content of crystalline "old yellow enzyme"". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 65: 439&ndash, 448.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9001-68-7.