- acetyl-CoA + malonate acetate + malonyl-CoA
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the CoA-transferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is acetyl-CoA:malonate CoA-transferase. This enzyme is also called malonate coenzyme A-transferase. This enzyme participates in beta-alanine metabolism and propanoate metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- HAYAISHI O (1955). "Enzymatic decarboxylation of malonic acid". J. Biol. Chem. 215: 125&ndash, 36. PMID 14392148.
- Takamura Y and Kitayama Y (1981). "Purification and some properties of malonate decarboxylase from Pseudomonas ovalis: an oligomeric enzyme with bifunctional properties". Biochem. Int. 3: 483&ndash, 491.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9026-18-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|