- 3-oxoadipate + NAD(P)+ 2-maleylacetate + NAD(P)H + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-CH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 3-oxoadipate:NAD(P)+ oxidoreductase. This enzyme is also called maleolylacetate reductase. This enzyme participates in 3 metabolic pathways: gamma-hexachlorocyclohexane degradation, benzoate degradation via hydroxylation, and 1,4-dichlorobenzene degradation.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Gaal AB, Neujahr HY (1980). "Maleylacetate reductase from Trichosporon cutaneum". Biochem. J. 185: 783&ndash, 6. PMID 7387635.
- Gaal AB and Neujahr HY (1981). "Induction of phenol-metabolizing enzymes in Trichosporon cutaneum". Arch. Microbiol. 130: 54&ndash, 58.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 69669-65-4.