- ATP + malate + CoA ADP + phosphate + malyl-CoA
This enzyme belongs to the family of ligases, specifically those forming carbon-sulfur bonds as acid-thiol ligases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is malate:CoA ligase (ADP-forming). Other names in common use include malyl-CoA synthetase, malyl coenzyme A synthetase, and malate thiokinase. This enzyme participates in glyoxylate and dicarboxylate metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Mue S, Tuboi S and Kikuchi G (Tokyo). "On malyl-coenzyme A synthetase". J. Biochem.: 545&ndash, 551. Check date values in:
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37318-58-4.