(Redirected from Lienal vein)
|Vein: Splenic vein|
|Transverse section of the spleen, showing the trabecular tissue and the splenic vein and its tributaries.|
|The portal vein and its tributaries. (Spleen is at far right, and "lienal vein" is visible traveling from it to the left.)|
|Gray's||subject #174 681|
|Drains from||trabecular vein of spleen|
|Source||short gastric veins, left gastroepiploic vein, pancreatic veins, inferior mesenteric vein|
|Drains to||hepatic portal vein|
It collects branches from the stomach and pancreas and most notably from the large intestine, which is drained by the inferior mesenteric vein and joins with splenic vein shortly before it forms the portal vein.
- Gray's s278 - "The Spleen"
- -1241120742 at GPnotebook - "Splenic vein thrombosis"
- SUNY Labs 39:10-0102 - "Intestines and Pancreas: Structures Posterior to the Pancreas:
- SUNY Anatomy Image 8685
- Norman/Georgetown pancreas (pancreasvessels)
- Splenic vein - medterms.com