- L-lysine + O2 + H2O 6-amino-2-oxohexanoate + NH3 + H2O2
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-NH2 group of donors with oxygen as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is L-lysine:oxygen 2-oxidoreductase (deaminating). Other names in common use include L-lysine alpha-oxidase, and L-lysyl-alpha-oxidase. This enzyme participates in lysine degradation.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Kusakabe H, Kodama K, Kuninaka A, Yoshino H, Misono H, Soda K (1980). "A new antitumor enzyme, L-lysine alpha-oxidase from Trichoderma viride. Purification and enzymological properties". J. Biol. Chem. 255: 976&ndash, 81. PMID 6101334.
- Lukasheva EV, Berezov TT (Mosc). "L-Lysine alpha-oxidase: physicochemical and biological properties". B. Biochemistry.: 1152&ndash, 8. PMID 12460113. Check date values in:
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 70132-14-8.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.4 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|