- L-galactono-1,4-lactone + O2 L-ascorbate + H2O2
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-CH group of donor with oxygen as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is L-galactono-1,4-lactone:oxygen 3-oxidoreductase. This enzyme is also called L-galactono-1,4-lactone oxidase. This enzyme participates in ascorbic acid and aldaric acid metabolism. It employs one cofactor, FAD.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Bleeg HS, Christensen F (1982). "Biosynthesis of ascorbate in yeast. Purification of L-galactono-1,4-lactone oxidase with properties different from mammalian L-gulonolactone oxidase". Eur. J. Biochem. 127: 391&ndash, 6. PMID 6754380.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 69403-13-0.