- L-ascorbate + H2O2 dehydroascorbate + 2 H2O
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on a peroxide as acceptor (peroxidases). The systematic name of this enzyme class is L-ascorbate:hydrogen-peroxide oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include L-ascorbic acid peroxidase, L-ascorbic acid-specific peroxidase, ascorbate peroxidase, and ascorbic acid peroxidase. This enzyme participates in ascorbate and aldarate metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Shigeoka S, Nakano Y, Kitaoka S (1980). "Purification and some properties of L-ascorbic-acid-specific peroxidase in Euglena gracilis Z". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 201: 121&ndash, 7. PMID 6772104.
- Shigeoka S, Nakano Y, Kitaoka S (1980). "Metabolism of hydrogen peroxide in Euglena gracilis Z by L-ascorbic acid peroxidase". Biochem. J. 186: 377&ndash, 80. PMID 6768357.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 72906-87-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes