- L-arabinose + NAD+ L-arabinono-1,4-lactone + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is L-arabinose:NAD+ 1-oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in ascorbate and aldarate metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Weimberg R and Doudoroff M (1955). "The oxidation of L-arabinose by Pseudomonas saccharophila". J. Biol. Chem. 217: 607&ndash, 624.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9028-52-8.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|