- NH3 + H2O + acceptor hydroxylamine + reduced acceptor
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on other nitrogenous compounds as donors with other acceptors. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ammonia:acceptor oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include hydroxylamine (acceptor) reductase, and ammonia:(acceptor) oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in nitrogen metabolism. It has 2 cofactors: FAD, and Flavoprotein.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Taniguchi H, Mitsui H, Nakamura K and Egami F. "Ann. Acad. Sci. Fenn. Ser. A II 60 (1955) 200".
- Walker GC and Nicholas DJD (1961). "Hydroxylamine reductase from Pseudomonas aeruginosa". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 49: 361&ndash, 368.
- NJ, Ferguson SJ (2002). "Cytochrome cd1, reductive activation and kinetic analysis of a multifunctional respiratory enzyme". J. Biol. Chem. 277: 3093&ndash, 100. PMID 11709555.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37256-42-1.