- sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine + H2O glycerol + choline phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on phosphoric diester bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine cholinephosphohydrolase. This enzyme is also called L-3-glycerylphosphinicocholine cholinephosphohydrolase.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Abra RM, Quinn PJ (1975). "A novel pathway for phosphatidylcholine catabolism in rat brain homogenates". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 380: 436&ndash, 41. PMID 166661.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 60063-78-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|