- L-glutamine + H2O L-glutamate + NH3
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, those acting on carbon-nitrogen bonds other than peptide bonds, specifically in linear amides. The systematic name of this enzyme class is L-glutamine(L-asparagine) amidohydrolase. This enzyme participates in 4 metabolic pathways: glutamate metabolism, alanine and aspartate metabolism, d-glutamine and d-glutamate metabolism, and nitrogen metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Roberts J, Holcenberg JS, Dolowy WC (1972). "Isolation, crystallization, and properties of Achromobacteraceae glutaminase-asparaginase with antitumor activity". J. Biol. Chem. 247: 84&ndash, 90. PMID 5017769.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 39335-03-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|