- L-glutamate 5-semialdehyde + phosphate + NADP+ L-glutamyl 5-phosphate + NADPH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the aldehyde or oxo group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is L-glutamate-5-semialdehyde:NADP+ 5-oxidoreductase (phosphorylating). Other names in common use include beta-glutamylphosphate reductase, gamma-glutamyl phosphate reductase, beta-glutamylphosphate reductase, glutamate semialdehyde dehydrogenase, and glutamate-gamma-semialdehyde dehydrogenase. This enzyme participates in urea cycle and metabolism of amino groups.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Baich A (1971). "The biosynthesis of proline in Escherichia coli: phosphate-dependent glutamate -semialdehyde dehydrogenase (NADP), the second enzyme in the pathway". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 244: 129&ndash, 34. PMID 4399189.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 54596-29-1.