- alpha-D-glucose 6-phosphate beta-D-glucose 6-phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of isomerases, specifically those racemases and epimerases acting on carbohydrates and derivatives. The systematic name of this enzyme class is D-glucose-6-phosphate 1-epimerase. This enzyme participates in glycolysis / gluconeogenesis.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Wurster B, Hess B (1972). "Glucose-6-phosphate-1-epimerase from baker's yeast. A new enzyme". FEBS. Lett. 23: 341&ndash, 344. PMID 11946648.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37259-65-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This isomerase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|