- GDP-mannose GDP-L-galactose
This enzyme belongs to the family of isomerases, specifically those racemases and epimerases acting on carbohydrates and derivatives. The systematic name of this enzyme class is GDP-mannose 3,5-epimerase. Other names in common use include GDP-D-mannose:GDP-L-galactose epimerase, guanosine 5'-diphosphate D-mannose:guanosine 5'-diphosphate, and L-galactose epimerase. This enzyme participates in ascorbate and aldarate metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Barber GA, Hebda PA (1982). "GDP-D-mannose: GDP-L-galactose epimerase from Chlorella pyrenoidosa". Methods. Enzymol. 83: 522&ndash, 5. PMID 7098948.
- Hebda PA, Behrman EJ, Barber GA (1979). "The guanosine 5'-diphosphate D-mannose: guanosine 5'-diphosphate L-galactose epimerase of Chlorella pyrenoidosa. Chemical synthesis of guanosine 5'-diphosphate L-galactose and further studies of the enzyme and the reaction it catalyzes". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 194: 496&ndash, 502. PMID 443816.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 72162-82-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This isomerase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|