- trans,trans-farnesyl diphosphate + isopentenyl diphosphate diphosphate + geranylgeranyl diphosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring aryl or alkyl groups other than methyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is trans,trans-farnesyl-diphosphate:isopentenyl-diphosphate farnesyltranstransferase. Other names in common use include geranylgeranyl-diphosphate synthase, geranylgeranyl pyrophosphate synthetase, geranylgeranyl-PP synthetase, farnesyltransferase, and geranylgeranyl pyrophosphate synthase. This enzyme participates in biosynthesis of steroids and terpenoid biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Sagami H, Ishi K and Ogura K (1981). "Occurrence and unusual properties of geranylgeranyl pyrophosphate synthetase of pig liver". Biochem. Int. 3: 669&ndash, 675.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9032-58-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|