- 5,6-dihydrouracil + O2 uracil + H2O2
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-CH group of donor with oxygen as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 5,6-dihydrouracil:oxygen oxidoreductase. It employs one cofactor, FMN.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Owaki J, Uzura K, Minami Z and Kusai K (1986). "Partial-purification and characterization of dihydrouracil oxidase, a flavoprotein from Rhodotorula glutinis". J. Ferment. Technol. 64: 205&ndash, 210.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 104327-11-9.