- ATP + citrate + CoA ADP + phosphate + (3S)-citryl-CoA
This enzyme belongs to the family of ligases, specifically those forming carbon-sulfur bonds as acid-thiol ligases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is citrate:CoA ligase (ADP-forming). Other names in common use include citryl-CoA synthetase, citrate:CoA ligase, and citrate thiokinase. This enzyme participates in citrate cycle (tca cycle).
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Lill U, Schreil A, Eggerer H (1982). "Isolation of enzymically active fragments formed by limited proteolysis of ATP citrate lyase". Eur. J. Biochem. 125: 645&ndash, 50. PMID 6749502.
- Aoshima M, Ishii M, Igarashi Y (2004). "A novel enzyme, citryl-CoA synthetase, catalysing the first step of the citrate cleavage reaction in Hydrogenobacter thermophilus TK-6". Mol. Microbiol. 52: 751&ndash, 61. PMID 15101981.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 856428-87-0.