- 2 bilirubin + O2 2 biliverdin + 2 H2O
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-CH group of donor with oxygen as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is bilirubin:oxygen oxidoreductase. This enzyme is also called bilirubin oxidase M-1. This enzyme participates in porphyrin and chlorophyll metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Murao S and Tanaka N (1981). "A new enzyme bilirubin oxidase produced by Myrothecium verrucaria MT-1". Agric. Biol. Chem. 45: 2383&ndash, 2384.
- Tanaka N and Murao S (1985). "Reaction of bilirubin oxidase produced by Myrothecium verrucaria MT-1. Agr". Biol. Chem. 49: 843&ndash, 844.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 80619-01-8.