- nonane-4,6-dione + H2O pentan-2-one + butanoate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on carbon-carbon bonds in ketonic substances. The systematic name of this enzyme class is nonane-4,6-dione acylhydrolase. This enzyme is also called oxidized PVA hydrolase.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Sakai K, Hamada N and Watanabe Y (1983). "Separation of secondary alcohol oxidase and oxidized poly(vinyl alcohol) hydrolase by hydrophobic and dye-ligand chromatographies". Agric. Biol. Chem. 47: 153&ndash, 155.
- Sakai K, Hamada N and Watanabe Y (1985). "A new enzyme, beta-diketone hydrolase: a component of a poly(vinyl alcohol)-degrading enzyme preparation". Agric. Biol. Chem. 49: 1901&ndash, 1902.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 97955-12-9.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|