- an aromatic aldehyde + NAD+ + H2O an aromatic acid + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the aldehyde or oxo group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is aryl-aldehyde:NAD+ oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in tyrosine metabolism and biphenyl degradation.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Raison JK, Henson G, Rienits KG (1966). "The oxidation of gentisaldehyde by nicotinamide-adenine dinucleotide-specific, aromatic aldehyde dehydrogenase from rabbit liver". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 118: 285&ndash, 98. PMID 4289834.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37250-94-5.