- 2-aminomuconate 6-semialdehyde + NAD+ + H2O 2-aminomuconate + NADH + 2 H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the aldehyde or oxo group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 2-aminomuconate-6-semialdehyde:NAD+ 6-oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include 2-aminomuconate semialdehyde dehydrogenase, 2-hydroxymuconic acid semialdehyde dehydrogenase, 2-hydroxymuconate semialdehyde dehydrogenase, alpha-aminomuconic epsilon-semialdehyde dehydrogenase, alpha-hydroxymuconic epsilon-semialdehyde dehydrogenase, and 2-hydroxymuconic semialdehyde dehydrogenase. This enzyme participates in 3 metabolic pathways: benzoic acid degradation via hydroxylation, tryptophan metabolism, and the degradation pathway for toluene and xylene.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- SENOH S (1965). "STUDIES ON THE METABOLISM OF THE BENZENE RING OF TRYPTOPHAN IN MAMMALIAN TISSUES. II. ENZYMIC FORMATION OF ALPHA-AMINOMUCONIC ACID FROM 3-HYDROXYANTHRANILIC ACID". J. Biol. Chem. 240: 740&ndash, 9. PMID 14275130.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37250-95-6.