- bromochloromethane + H2O formaldehyde + bromide + chloride
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on halide bonds in carbon-halide compounds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is alkyl-halide halidohydrolase. Other names in common use include halogenase, haloalkane halidohydrolase, and haloalkane dehalogenase.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Heppel LA and Porterfield VT (1948). "Enzymatic dehalogenation of certain brominated and chlorinated compounds". J. Biol. Chem. 176: 763&ndash, 769.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9025-22-3.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|