- GDP-D-mannuronate + (alginate)n GDP + (alginate)n+1
This enzyme belongs to the family of glycosyltransferases, specifically the hexosyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is GDP-D-mannuronate:alginate D-mannuronyltransferase. This enzyme is also called mannuronosyl transferase. This enzyme participates in fructose and mannose metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Lin TY, Hassid WZ (1966). "Pathway of algnic acid synthesis in the marine brown alga, Fucus gardneri Silva". J. Biol. Chem. 241: 5284&ndash, 97. PMID 5954796.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37257-31-1.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|