- acetyl-CoA + an alcohol CoA + an acetyl ester
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases transferring groups other than aminoacyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is acetyl-CoA:alcohol O-acetyltransferase. This enzyme is also called alcohol acetyltransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Yoshioka K and Hashimoto N (1981). "Ester formation by alcohol acetyltransferase from brewers' yeast". Agric. Biol. Chem. 45: 2183&ndash, 2190.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 80237-89-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|