Albugo is a genus of oomycete protists. The taxonomy of this genus is incomplete, but several species are plant pathogens. Many discussions of this organism still treat it as a fungus. Albugo is the only genus currently in family Albuginaceae.
This organism causes white rust diseases in above-ground plant tissues. While these organisms affect many types of plants, the destructive aspect of infection is limited to a few agricultural crops.
Some species of Albugo
- Albugo bliti, White rust.
- Albugo candida, White rust.
- Albugo ipomoeae-panduratae, White rust.
- Albugo occidentalis, Spinach white rust.
- Albugo platensis, White rust.
- Albugo portulaceae, White rust.
- Albugo tragopogonis, Sunflower white rust.