- acetylpyruvate + H2O acetate + pyruvate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on carbon-carbon bonds in ketonic substances. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 2,4-dioxopentanoate acetylhydrolase.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Davey JF, Ribbons DW (1975). "Metabolism of resorcinylic compounds by bacteria. Purification and properties of acetylpyruvate hydrolase from Pseudomonas putida 01". J. Biol. Chem. 250: 3826&ndash, 30. PMID 236305.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 56214-30-3.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|