- 6-hydroxynicotinate + H2O + O2 2,6-dihydroxynicotinate + H2O2
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on CH or CH2 group with oxygen as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 6-hydroxynicotinate:O2 oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include 6-hydroxynicotinic acid hydroxylase, 6-hydroxynicotinic acid dehydrogenase, and 6-hydroxynicotinate hydroxylase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Nagel M and Andreesen JR (1989). "Molybdenum-dependent degradation of nicotinic acid by Bacillus sp DSM 2923". FEMS Microbiol. Lett. 59: 147&ndash, 152.
- Nagel M and Andreesen JR (1990). "Purification and characterization of the molybdoenzymes nicotinate dehydrogenase and 6-hydroxynicotinate dehydrogenase from Bacillus niacini". Arch. Microbiol. 154: 605&ndash, 613.