- 6-acetyl-D-glucose + H2O D-glucose + acetate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on carboxylic ester bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 6-acetyl-D-glucose acetylhydrolase. This enzyme is also called 6-O-acetylglucose deacetylase.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- DUFF RB, WEBLEY DM (1958). "Metabolism of 6-O-acetyl-D-glucopyranose and other monoacetyl-sugars by strains of Bacillus megaterium and other soil organisms". Biochem. J. 70: 520&ndash, 8. PMID 13596370.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37278-46-9.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|