- 5-carboxymethyl-2-hydroxymuconate 5-carboxy-2-oxohept-3-enedioate
This enzyme belongs to the family of isomerases, specifically those intramolecular oxidoreductases transposing C=C bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 5-carboxymethyl-2-hydroxymuconate Delta2,Delta4-2-oxo,Delta3-isomerase. This enzyme participates in tyrosine metabolism and benzoate degradation via hydroxylation.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Garrido-Pertierra A and Cooper RA (1981). "Identification and purification of distinct isomerase and decarboxylase enzymes involved in the 4-hydroxyphenylacetate pathway of Escherichia coli". Eur. J. Biochem. 117: 581&ndash, 584.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 79079-05-3.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This isomerase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|