- 4-hydroxyphenylacetaldehyde + NAD+ + H2O 4-hydroxyphenylacetate + NADH + 2 H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the aldehyde or oxo group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 4-hydroxyphenylacetaldehyde:NAD+ oxidoreductase. This enzyme is also called 4-HPAL dehydrogenase. This enzyme participates in tyrosine metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Cuskey SM, Peccoraro V, Olsen RH (1987). "Initial catabolism of aromatic biogenic amines by Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO: pathway description, mapping of mutations, and cloning of essential genes". J. Bacteriol. 169: 2398&ndash, 404. PMID 3034855.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 109456-56-6.