- 4-(hydroxymethyl)benzenesulfonate + NAD+ 4-formylbenzenesulfonate + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 4-(hydroxymethyl)benzenesulfonate:NAD+ oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in 2,4-dichlorobenzoate degradation.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.1247
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.1997 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.527
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.2067
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.117
- Cook AM (Pt 9). "Degradative pathways for p-toluenecarboxylate and p-toluenesulfonate and their multicomponent oxygenases in Comamonas testosteroni strains PSB-4 and T-2". Microbiology. 142: 2419&ndash, 27. PMID 8828208. Check date values in:
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 167973-64-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|