- (R)-3-hydroxybutanoate + NAD+ acetoacetate + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (R)-3-hydroxybutanoate:NAD+ oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include NAD+-beta-hydroxybutyrate dehydrogenase, hydroxybutyrate oxidoreductase, beta-hydroxybutyrate dehydrogenase, D-beta-hydroxybutyrate dehydrogenase, D-3-hydroxybutyrate dehydrogenase, D-(-)-3-hydroxybutyrate dehydrogenase, beta-hydroxybutyric acid dehydrogenase, 3-D-hydroxybutyrate dehydrogenase, and beta-hydroxybutyric dehydrogenase. This enzyme participates in synthesis and degradation of ketone bodies and butanoate metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Bergmeyer HU, Gawehn K, Klotzsch H, Krebs HA, Williamson DH (1967). "Purification and properties of crystalline 3-hydroxybutyrate dehydrogenase from Rhodopseudomonas spheroides". Biochem. J. 102: 423&ndash, 31. PMID 4291491.
- Delafield FP, Cooksey KE, Doudoroff M (1965). "beta-Hydroxybutyric dehydrogenase and dimer hydrolase of Pseudomonas lemoignei". J. Biol. Chem. 240: 4023&ndash, 8. PMID 4954074.
- Lehninger AL, Sudduth HC and Wise JB (1960). "D-beta-Hydroxybutyric dehydrogenase of mitochondria". J. Biol. Chem. 235: 2450&ndash, 2455.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9028-38-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|