- 2-hydroxypyridine + AH2 + O2 2,5-dihydroxypyridine + A + H2O
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on paired donors, with O2 as oxidant and incorporation or reduction of oxygen. The oxygen incorporated need not be derive from O miscellaneous. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 2-hydroxypyridine,hydrogen-donor:oxygen oxidoreductase (5-hydroxylating). This enzyme is also called 2-hydroxypyridine oxygenase.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Sharma ML, Kaul SM and Shukla OP (1984). "Metabolism of 2-hydroxypyridine by Bacillus brevis (INA)". Biol. Membr. 9: 43&ndash, 52.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 96779-45-2.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.14 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|