- propanoyl-CoA + H2O + glyoxylate 2-hydroxyglutarate + CoA
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases that convert acyl groups into alkyl groups on transfer. The systematic name of this enzyme class is propanoyl-CoA:glyoxylate C-propanoyltransferase (thioester-hydrolysing, 2-carboxyethyl-forming). Other names in common use include 2-hydroxyglutaratic synthetase, 2-hydroxyglutaric synthetase, alpha-hydroxyglutarate synthase, hydroxyglutarate synthase, and 2-hydroxyglutarate glyoxylate-lyase (CoA-propanoylating). This enzyme participates in c5-branched dibasic acid metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Reeves HC and Ajl SJ (1962). "alpha-Hydroxyglutaric acid synthetase". J. Bacteriol. 84: 186&ndash, 187.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9024-02-6.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|