- [glycogen-synthase D] + H2O [glycogen-synthase I] + phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on phosphoric monoester bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is [UDP-glucose:glycogen 4-alpha-D-glucosyltransferase-D] phosphohydrolase. Other names in common use include uridine diphosphoglucose-glycogen glucosyltransferase phosphatase, UDP-glycogen glucosyltransferase phosphatase, UDPglucose-glycogen glucosyltransferase phosphatase, glycogen glucosyltransferase phosphatase, glycogen synthetase phosphatase, glycogen synthase phosphatase, glycogen synthase D phosphatase, Mg2+ dependent glycogen synthase phosphatase, and phosphatase type 2_degree_C.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Abe N, Tsuiki S (1974). "Studies on glycogen synthase D phosphatase of rat liver--multiple nature". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 350: 383&ndash, 91. PMID 4367978.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9043-28-1.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
- EGO entry for GO code 0050407: [glycogen-synthase-D phosphatase]
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|